Our School Zone

Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.  

Enrolment Criteria

Priority of Placement

All applications are considered by Elwood College in line with the Department of Education's Placement Policy's Priority Order of Placement as follows:-

Priority Order of Placement

In circumstances when a school may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns,

schools must manage enrolment applications in accordance with the following priority order of placement:

  • students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
  • students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
  • where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
  • students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
  • all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school


Families will be asked to provide documents to verify your child's permanent residence. Please attach a combination of the following documents, adding up to at least 100 points

All documents must show the same address and parent/carer name as recorded on the enrolment form.

When assessing enrolment applications, Elwood College may make the following enquiries to verify the information provided about a student’s permanent residence:

  • Checking the electoral roll at an Australian Electoral Commission office or the Victorian Electoral Commission head office
  • Checking with a real estate office
  • Checking whether the contact landline phone number provided is registered to the residence provided on the enrolment form
  • For a rental property which is a studio apartment or one bedroom unit, checking whether there are any regulations/codes limiting the occupancy of these apartments to one person per apartment

Note:   If, after reasonable enquiries, the Principal does not accept that the address provided on the enrolment application form is the genuine residence of the student, the enrolment application may not be successful.


In addition to the proof of residence documents listed above, copies of the following documents are also required:-

  • Birth Certificate
  • Two latest school reports
  • Enrolments for Years 11 and 12, please supply the following:-
      • For previous VCE units undertaken, a copy of all VCE results must be submitted
      • or
      • If coming from interstate or overseas, translated copy the most recent official transcript of subjects must be submitted

For students travelling from overseas on a local enrolment visa:-

In addition to the documents listed above, copies of both the student's passport and current visa are required

Enrolments Years 8 - 12

Enrolments for Years 8 - 11 will only be considered for Terms 1 and 3 intakes.

Please complete the expression of interest form, taking into consideration the Elwood College Enrolment Criteria above.

Every application for enrolment at the college will be considered individually and assessed on the information available at the time of application.

Once it has been confirmed that a student qualifies to attend Elwood College, an interview process will take place where the student will be asked about their goals, previous academic history and what they hope to achieve from their placement at Elwood College. Parents/Guardians and students are both required to attend.

At this interview, parents/guardians will need to supply originals of school reports, documents supporting proof of residence, court orders and any other relevant documentation.

Submission of this form does not guarantee enrolment.

CLICK HERE to complete our Expression of Interest for Year 8 to Year 12.  This form must be completed by a parent or guardian.  Please email the completed form and all supporting documentation to enrolments@elwood.vic.edu.au 

NOTE:  Applications will not be considered without the supporting certified documentation 

Transition from Year 6 to Year 7


Initially, your child's primary school will manage the transition from Grade 6 to Year 7.

By the first week of Term 2, all Primary Schools should have distributed to the parents of Year 6 children information relating to secondary education and an 'Application for Year 7 Placement' form. If you would like your child to attend Elwood College, it is important that you list us as your first preference.

Complete this form, taking into consideration of the Elwood College Enrolment Criteria above, sign it, and return to your child's primary school by the due date.

Every effort is made to consider all applications for Year 7, however with high demand for enrolments at Elwood College, careful thought should be given in your remaining preferences if you permanent address is outside of our neighbourhood boundaries.

Placement Offers

Placement offers will be communicated via your child's primary school in July 2022. After this point, we will send information about how to accept the placement offer to those families of students offered a place for Year 7, 2023. This step will also require families to provide supporting documentation to verify their permanent residential address.