The Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) provides payments for eligible students to attend activities like:

  • school camps or trips
  • swimming and school-organised sports programs
  • outdoor education programs
  • excursions and incursions.

Who can apply?

Families holding a valid means-tested concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply. A Special Consideration category also exists. Schools can receive applications from families over terms one and two.

Families can list more than one student in the one application form if they are attending the same school.

  • Eligibility
  • There are 2 criteria that must be met.
  • Criterion 1 – General eligibility
  • The applicant must be one of the following on the first day of Term 1 (29 January 2024) or Term 2 (15 April 2024):
  • a parent or carer who is the beneficiary of a financially means-tested card – please refer to the list of eligible cards below
  • a temporary foster carer
  • a student over 16 years who is considered a mature minor and holds a valid concession card (such as a Youth Allowance Health Care Card or Disability Support Pension Card). For guidance on assessing whether a student is a mature minor, refer to the department’s policy on Mature Minors and Decision Making.
  • Applications must be submitted to the school by 28 June 2024.
  • Where the parent or carer is seeking eligibility based on an eligible financially means-tested card, eligibility will be determined when the relevant concession card successfully validates with Centrelink on either the first day of Term 1 or Term 2.
  • For students over 16 years of age and where the eligible card is in the name of the student, the fund is only granted to that student, not their siblings.
  • Eligible means tested cards
  • Below is a list of means tested cards that are accepted:
  • ABSTUDY – Schooling Applicant (ABA)
  • ABSTUDY – Secondary/Tertiary (ABY)
  • Age Pension (AGE)
  • Austudy Payment (AUS)
  • Bereavement Allowance (BVA)
  • Disability Support Pension (DSP)
  • Health Care Card (HCC)
  • Job Seeker (JSP)
  • Newstart Allowance (NSA)
  • Non-Agency Payment (NAP)
  • Parenting Payment (PP)
  • Partner Allowance (PTA)
  • Sickness Allowance (SKA)
  • Special Benefit (SPL)
  • Widow Allowance (WDA)
  • Widow B Pension (WID)
  • Wife Pension Age (WFA)
  • Wife Pension Disability (WFD)
  • Veterans Card (Gold)
  • Youth Allowance (YAL)

Please ensure a copy of your means-tested card is attached to the application

Download the current CSEF form here

    our College

    Find out more