How to enrol

Enrolment Criteria

Priority Placement

All applications are considered by Elwood College in line with the Department of Education's Placement Policy's Priority Order of Placement as follows:-

Priority Order of Placement

In circumstances when a school may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns,

schools must manage enrolment applications in accordance with the following priority order of placement:

  • students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
  • students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
  • where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
  • students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
  • all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school

Proof of residence

Families will be requested to provide documented evidence to verify their residential address:

  • An original or certified copy of an unconditional contract of sale or Lease Agreement (the lease must be through a registered Real Estate Agent and be for a minimum of 12 months, inclusive of the proposed start date. Private lease arrangements, including staying with friends or relatives, are not acceptable); and
  • A certified copy of the most recent electricity or gas account or letter of connection, and
  • A certified copy of two of the following (showing your current residential address)
    • A copy of a Drivers Licence; or
    • A copy of the electoral roll listing; or
    • A letter from Medicare or other government agency

All documents must show the same address and parent/carer name as recorded on the enrolment form.

When assessing enrolment applications, Elwood College may make the following enquiries to verify the information provided about a student’s permanent residence:

  • Checking the electoral roll at an Australian Electoral Commission office or the Victorian Electoral Commission head office
  • Checking with a real estate office
  • Checking whether the contact landline phone number provided is registered to the residence provided on the enrolment form
  • For a rental property which is a studio apartment or one bedroom unit, checking whether there are any regulations/codes limiting the occupancy of these apartments to one person per apartment

Note: If, after reasonable enquiries, the Principal does not accept that the address provided on the enrolment application form is the genuine residence of the student, the enrolment application may not be successful.

Additional information required

In addition to the proof of residence documents listed above, copies of the following documents are also required:-

  • Birth Certificate
  • Two latest school reports

For students travelling from overseas on a local enrolment visa, the following documents are also required:-

Copies of both the student's passport and current visa are required

School Zone

Learn more